Over the years we’ve been asked pretty much everything about letting your Cotswolds property. If you’re interested to know how to rent out a house in the Cotswolds take a look at our Top 5 most frequently asked questions.
Top 5 Questions about Renting Out Your House in the Cotswolds
- Top of the list is always “How easily will my property let?” and the good thing is, that owners who work with us soon discover their properties let out pretty easily. The Cotswold letting market is a robust one, and right now it is stronger than ever with demand outstripping supply! We work closely with our property owners to ensure their rental investment ticks all the right boxes and that it is presented to market in immaculate condition.
- Another frequently asked question is with regards additional costs that our owners need to consider. We’re happy to supply a list of all the legal requirements from landlord insurance and EPCs to gas certificates and installation of smoke alarms. And we can also support on compliance plus all the other elements such as allowances for maintenance.
- When it comes to making the decision to letting a property, most owners are interested to know how we calculate the rental income. We use our many years of working in the Cotswolds property industry, our visibility of the current rental market and the level of demand we are seeing from tenants to put together a realistic rental price.
- Our 4th FAQ is about our service and exactly what is included. Our owners are always pleased to know that we can manage everything from the moment you decide to rent out your property to the handing over of the keys and ongoing tenant liaison, everything can be included. Marketing, enquiry handling, viewings, references, deposits and check-ins, whatever the service you require, we pride ourselves on a personal and innovative approach..
- And with our level of service we are able to answer another popular question with ease – “What happens if my property needs an emergency fix?”. If an owner is on a fully managed agreement, then this is all part of the service. We have an enviable book of contacts packed with reliable local tradespeople that we know and can call on. We always get costs approved before any work is undertaken, allowing our owners to relax, knowing everything is taken care of.
Interested to find out more?
So if you’re thinking of investing in a buy to let, or renting out your house in the Cotswolds, get in touch with Olly or Ferg, who will be only too happy to share their expert knowledge and advice. You can also take a look at which Cotswold hotspot to go for.
Feel free to call Olly or Fergus on 01993 684572 – or pop in to our office Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00 at 15 Witney Street, Burford, OX18 4SN. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will get straight back to you.